see links for more info
Backstage Library Works provides high quality, cost effective professional services to help librarians serve their constituencies.
Backstage Library Works, a leader in providing imaging services of the highest quality, is looking for qualified individuals for multiple Digital Technician openings in Bethlehem, PA and Provo, UT for upcoming digital projects.
Positions are full-time, fully benefited hourly positions.
- Capture digital images from paper or film according to specifications and standards.
- Perform modifications to images such as cropping and rotating.
- Perform image inspection and collect metadata.
- Maintain strong production levels and consistently good quality of work.
- Handle materials and information in a conscientious and organized way.
- Experience with digital scanning or photography.
- Experience wtih data entry, rekeying or editing text.
- Adept at handling material fragile in nature without damage.
- Work productively and independently.
- Learn new skills quickly and thoroughly.
- Perform repetitive tasks for periods of time and work well in a fast-paced production environment.
- Meet daily production levels and standards.
- Work in a deadline oriented environment.
- Attentiveness to detail and quality.
- Incumbent must be able to perform inspection of digital images for completeness, image quality, proper resolution and bit depth in accordance with client specifications.
- Must be able to type accurately in order to capture metadata and record information in spreadsheet or appropriate database.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook and navigate the digital server environment.
- Will be responsible for sending files through automated processes.
- Responsible for a final Quality inspection of work before it is sent to the client.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Problem-solving and ability to follow written and verbal instructions with little supervision.
- Willingness to work flexible/overtime hours as required and ability to work as part of a team.
- College degree or certificate.
DESIRABLE, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or other imaging software.
Pay range beginning at $12.50 per hour
A series of skill tests will be given to evaluate qualifications.
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.