The Getty Center, Los Angeles, California
- Posted Date: 4/7/2016
- Requisition Number: 2016-2734
- Position Status: LT Part-Time
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- Category: Research
- Getty Location: Getty Center
- Program/Dept.: GRI – 0440-Curatorial
Supports curator, scholar, or other scholarly staff by facilitating their research and/or assisting with their research projects, public programs, exhibitions or publications.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts research in the special collections and contributes to the conceptual development of a project by organizing/creating documentation of found materials, such as bibliographies, searching for and ordering texts, writing literature reviews, etc
- Requests images for exhibitions and/or publications; researches and obtains art and image permissions
- Proofreads, edits, and translates as needed
- Assists with creation of project websites and PowerPoint presentations
- Edits and prepares video for presentations.
- Works with AV team and projectionists to ensure successful presentation of film and video
- Copyedits essays, author biographies, endnotes, etc
- May assist with organizing art programs for publications by communicating with authors, updating essay drafts, assisting editors in checking page proofs, proofing indexes, etc
- Assists with development and execution of public programs including communicating with guests and managing guest list.
- Bachelor’s degree in art history or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 0-2 years research experience (education may be considered)
- Working knowledge in at least one foreign language preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of film, contemporary art and moving image media.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate and work on teams
- Ability to set and meet deadlines for oneself
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe software suites preferred