Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
Ohio University Libraries seeks two teamwork-oriented individuals to advance the Ohio University Libraries’ expanding digital presence and digital curation program. The Digital Projects Librarian (Digital Initiatives) will report to the Digital Initiatives Coordinator, and focus on the technical aspects of digital project production such as managing imaging, metadata creation, and ingest. The Digital Projects Librarian (Arts & Archives) will report to the Head of Arts and Archives and focus on collections research and description (for more specific information, please see the individual postings).
The successful candidates will work together to advance the Ohio University Libraries’ expanding digital presence and digital curation program. We seek candidates that are committed to working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds; willing to learn and develop professionally; and energized by an exciting future.
- A master’s degree from an ALA-accredited institution; or a master’s in archival science or public history
- Knowledge of standards and best practices for archival description, metadata, digitization, and handling and preserving special collections materials
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, including the ability to structure and plan work effectively to meet established deadlines
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both collaboratively and independently
- Experience in digitization production environment
- Experience working in an academic library setting
- Supervisor experience
- Understanding of intellectual property, privacy, and other rights issues
- Familiarity with digital curation standards and best practices