Anthrex, Inc., Naples, Florida
Arthrex’s Digital Asset Cataloguer serves as a curator of Arthrex’s various asset metadata and asset security, including photography, design, video, and animation. The Digital Asset Cataloguer provides support for digital asset workflows, tagging and organizing of digital assets, as well as work closely with various internal clients including creative services, digital media, and project management. The Digital Asset Cataloguer is responsible for uploading assets, troubleshooting failed imports, updating metadata and general asset maintenance. The Digital Asset Cataloguer also performs industry research to create standards for metadata as well as asset security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the uploading and downloading of digital assets
- Assign appropriate taxonomy and metadata to assets
- Assist with documenting processes and procedures
- Maintain usage rights metadata, including validating accuracy
- Interact & work closely with internal teams to ensure adoption
- Educate, train and promote the use of the digital asset management (DAM) system
- Support critical and time sensitive requests
- Other duties as identified and assigned
- Establish new metadata standards and values as required
- Develop visual workflows, data flows, process and business requirements
- Support on-going DAM user interface optimization/enhancements according to best practices & user feedback
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Library and Information Sciences required.
- Experience in media asset management or digital asset management preferred
- Experience in indexing and cataloging required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Superior written communication skills, particularly spelling and vocabulary
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work on tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong research, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal skills, including in-person and telephone
- Knowledge of digital photography
- Knowledge of design programs, particularly Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Knowledge of digital file formats
- Experience with Microsoft products, including Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of Taxonomy development; Controlled Vocabularies; Ontology
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with SAP is a plus.
Strong business technical writing skills and excellent communication/people skills.