(n.b.: this posting was sent via the VRA listserv. There was no link to the posting included.) – MS
Visual Resources Specialist for the Arts + Humanities (Temporary Leave Replacement)
Center for Digital Liberal Arts
Occidental College is a small rigorous liberal arts institution at the edge of Los Angeles with a curricular emphasis on social justice, community-based learning, and global citizenship. The Center for Digital Liberal Arts (CDLA) at Occidental helps to prepare Oxy’s diverse and talented students for a rapidly changing world through a variety of programs and offerings, including research support for students and faculty, digital media production tools and software, and professional development for faculty in digital pedagogy and scholarly communication.
Summary of Duties, Responsibilities and Goals
The CDLA is seeking a temporary (semester-long) leave replacement for the Visual Information Specialist for the Arts + Humanities position. This position works with the CDLA team to offer support to faculty and students in the arts and humanities who are working with a broad range of library research materials (digital and print) and can offer expertise in the pedagogical and research uses of visual resources.
- Works directly with arts and humanities faculty to realize college and departmental learning goals.
- Consults with faculty in the arts and humanities to develop and deliver a suite of services that support the integration of information resources and technology in their teaching and research, with special emphasis on visual resources and the digital humanities.
- Curates relevant digital content.
- Delivers group instruction and/or consults individually with students regarding research methods and scholarly practices across the arts and humanities, in addition to addressing issues of media and visual fluency.
- Supervises student workers.
- May oversee or participate in a range of relevant departmental projects.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or Arts and Humanities field; Ph.D. welcome.
- Demonstrated expertise in visual resource curation and a working knowledge of various practices and technologies associated with the digital humanities.
- Experience with library instruction and/or teaching undergraduates
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of software tools and technologies used across the arts and humanities.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively and creatively as a team member or independently.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.