From the School of Visual Arts, New York City. http://www.sva.edu/about-sva/working-at-sva/administrative-staff
DATE AVAILABLE: May 2014
JOB TITLE: Assistant Visual Resources Curator
DEPARTMENT: SVA Library
REPORTS TO: Visual Resources Curator
POSITION OVERVIEW: Assists Visual Resources Curator in the daily operation of the Visual Resources Collection.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and provide access to digital image collection.
- Provide support to faculty and student in the Visual Resources Collection.
- Assist the curator in the daily operation of the Visual Resources Collection.
- Maintain image database, organize and manage electronic images.
- Oversee image processing (scanning of digital material, creation of metadata, and uploading of images and metadata to our local database).
- Assist with ongoing digital image conversion projects; familiarizing faculty with MDID2, ARTstor, and other image resources.
- Assist with inquires regarding scanning, Photoshop, PowerPoint and other VR related software and equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoot image databases and working with Library Systems staff and campus IT to resolve technical issues.
- Supervise and train student staff.
- Occasional general maintenance of analog collection.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Fine Arts, Design, or other relevant field.
- Knowledge of contemporary art–or be able to demonstrate an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of digital imaging technologies, scanning, FileMaker Pro, PhotoShop, Excel, PowerPoint, PC and Mac Platforms
- Mature and professional demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
- High organizational aptitude and attention to detail.
- Previous visual resources, library, art history, or gallery experience; working knowledge of data standards used for cataloging works of art and/or general office experience a plus.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers, and creative professionals for more than six decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum, and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world. For information about the College’s 31 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, visit sva.edu.
Find out what it’s like to work at SVA visit: www.sva.edu/about-sva/working-at-sva .
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No walk-ins please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.