From the VRA Listserv:
A preliminary conference schedule with a listing of workshops and sessions has already been posted at: http://vra32.sched.org/ and information about costs is posted here: http://www.vraweb.org/conferences/vra32/registration/ and here: http://www.vraweb.org/conferences/vra32/accommodations/
Before you apply, PLEASE READ “Travel Award Rules, Guidelines and Tips” and “Types of Travel Awards”, both linked here as PDFs: http://www.vraweb.org/about/awards/index.html#travel
HERE’S THE LINK TO THE APPLICATION:
The form is also linked from the VRA homepage.
You do not need to be a member of the VRA to apply for a travel award, but please note that upon winning an award an applicant who is not a member of VRA must purchase a membership, with the option to use funding from the travel award to do this.
Please also note that award checks are distributed at the conference and as such, recipients will not have access to those funds ahead of the conference to set against travel expenses.
In order to allow funding to go further, Tansey awards will be distributed according to financial need i.e. full awards (up to $850) may be given to some, whilst lower amounts may be awarded to others with partial institutional/other support.
For 2014, we are fortunate to have generous financial support from sponsors and funds provided by the membership:
* Two New Horizons awards of $850 each. These awards are aimed at members in the following categories: solo VR professionals, part-time VR professionals, geographically isolated VR professionals, VR professionals in smaller institutions, and/or first-time attendees
* A New Horizons student award of $300, for a full-time student enrolled in an accredited degree program and considering a career in visual resources
* Kathe Hicks Albrecht award of $850 for a first-time conference attendee
* Scholars Resource award of $825 for an applicant who best demonstrates a desire to make images available to faculty and students in a university setting
* Tansey fund awards ranging from $250 to $850 each
More awards may become available and will be announced on this listserv. Also, stay tuned and watch VRA-L and the VRA website for further details about the conference. Please email if you have any questions not answered by the documents noted above.
As you can see, there are even a few awards aimed specifically at students and early career professionals. The deadline to apply is Monday, so get your applications in and join us in Milwaukee!