The VRA will be sponsoring several travel awards for the “Captilizating on Creativity” conference in Providence ranging from $250-1000 with a special award designated for a student and an international attendee. The deadline for all of these awards is 10:00 am, Monday November 26, 2012.
Travel Awards available this year:
- The Kathe Hicks Albrecht award of $850 for a first-time conference attendee
- Two New Horizons awards of $850 each. These awards are aimed at members in the following categories: solo VR professionals, part-time VR professionals, geographically isolated VR professionals, VR professionals in smaller institutions, and/or first-time attendees
- The Joseph C. Taormina Memorial award of $250 for an applicant with partial funding
- A New Horizons student award of $300, for a full-time student enrolled in an accredited degree program and considering a career in visual resources
- $4800 in Tansey fund awards ranging from $250 to $850 each
For more information go to the VRA Travel Award page, here.