Institution: Truman State University
Location: Kirksville, MO
Type: full time
Truman State University seeks a Digital Collections Librarian to build and maintain its digital collections. The successful candidate will manage the current digital library ( http://digitallibrary.truman.edu/), assist with the development of an Institutional Repository, and work with the campus community on preservation of the institution’s digital archives. Responsibilities include identifying, evaluating, and implementing appropriate software and hardware for the digital collections; identifying and implementing appropriate metadata standards; writing and maintaining policies and procedures; promoting collections to the University community; and identifying opportunities for growth in the digital collections to meet Truman’s information needs.
- Education: Master’s degree from ALA-accredited library school or equivalent in education and experience.
- Skills: Knowledge of technology trends, including metadata standards and digital capture standards. Knowledge of digitization best practices. Demonstrated oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Flexibility in environment of rapid change. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience: Working experience with digital collections.
- Skills: Knowledge of Dublin Core and LCSH. Familiarity with intellectual property issues. Familiarity with trends in digital preservation.
- Experience: Experience creating, organizing, and managing digital collections in an academic library setting. Experience with web design, including HTML and CSS. Experience with integrated library systems; experience with collection management systems, especially Greenstone and/or Dspace. Experience implementing and troubleshooting open-source software programs.
Pickler Memorial Library is a member of MOBIUS, a state-wide consortium of academic and public libraries.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications. Candidates should submit a letter of application and resume; both undergraduate and graduate transcripts; and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references to:
Search Committee for Digital Collections Librarian
c/o Wanda Cagle
Pickler Memorial Library
Truman State University
100 E. Normal
Kirksville, MO 63501
Materials may be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin October 5, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.
Truman State University is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
See full announcement at Higher Ed Jobs.