Manager of Collection Information, Digital Assets and Web Development
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Finance and Operations
Start Date: Immediately
Manage George Eastman House’s in-house collection database and provide website management services.
- Maintain the Museum’s database system, TMS (a vendor-product built on SQL Server).
- Maintain the Museum’s Digital Asset Management (DAM) system, Cumulus (a vendor-product).
- Ensure appropriate Digital Asset and database back-ups and other routine procedures are completed.
- Support users of the systems, providing training and answering inquiries.
- Assign users and user access levels to the systems.
- Serve as the primary staff contact with the system’s vendors.
- Install upgrades to the systems and trouble shoot as needed.
- Collaborate with archivists and catalogers to ensure data consistency and compliance with the Museum’s established guidelines for collection data.
- Implement security measures to protect information in the database against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Manage the Museum’s websites, upgrading content and functionality as needed.
- Build capacity for web access to Museum databases where appropriate.
- Provide technical support for the on-line resources related to the Museum’s mission.
- Work with the Museum’s internet provider and project staff to perform web coding projects and site management tasks such as assisting in the creation of special web-media presentations for Museum exhibits.
- Provide technical support maintaining E-commerce initiatives on the Museum’s website.
- Implement web site security measures, such as firewalls or message encryption.
- Other responsibilities/projects as assigned by Director of Finance & Operations.
Please submit your resume for consideration to Tom Combs, Director of Finance and Operations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
George Eastman House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of previous Information Technology support experience.
- Proven network and workstation troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient with structured query database language.
- Hardware and software installation and troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of internet/intranet technologies and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience in database creation and management.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Must be able to explain complex technical issues to non-technical staff.
- Must possess a strong customer service focus and excellent time management skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.